Electronics and PCB protection can be complex. There is rarely only one way to enhance your product’s durability and warranty performance. Humiseal conformal coatings provide excellent protection in demanding conditions that include thermal and mechanical shock, moisture and humidity, and liquid chemicals and vapor.
So, what happens when a conformal coating just isn't enough? How do you protect your products from thermal damage when conditions are more extreme? Chase Corporation and their Humiseal brand, the originators of conformal coating technology, have developed UV800FR for just this type of situation.
What is Flame-Resistant UV800FR?
Resin Designs UV800FR is a single component, UV LED curable, acrylated urethane encapsulant. It has been tested and rated to UL V0 flammability ratings in PCB manufacture.
The product is uniquely designed for thick applications as both an adhesive and encapsulant where UL V0 fire ratings are critical. The product properties include:
- UL V-0 Rating at up to 2mm application thickness
- Thixotropic- Flows when pumped or mixed but holds shape on application
- UV curing mechanism for high speed, low cost, and highly repeatable performance
- Excellent wetting and adhesion to most substrates including metals, plastics, and glass
- Relatively hard polymer (70 Shore D), good for tamper or abrasion resistance
- 100% solids- No VOC content for environmental regulatory concerns
- Fully compliant with current REACH and ROHS regulations
Applications that Benefit from UV800FR
UV800FR has shown success in electronics applications including:
- Automotive or appliance electronics exposed to corrosive liquids or vapors
- High energy power backup bonding of Aluminum heat sinks
- Encapsulation for tamper protection in consumer and commercial fuse boxes
- Any application where a conformal coating alone does not provide adequate protection against environmental conditions
As a supplier of all major forms and chemistries of conformal coatings, Chase Corporation and HumiSeal® can help you with an unbiased approach to evaluating your application and process. We’ll show you how to maximize efficiency, minimize cost, and improve product reliability. Our outstanding manufacturing and technical support groups can provide your organization with reliable global supply, unmatched quality, and superior technical support.
Please contact us today to discuss your application.